cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Patterning Operators - CONTAINS

After a call w/ people this morning, there are two options (technically
three) to move this forward.

After discussion, we would like to remove the LHS always being Object
Path and RHS always being constant, but we feel that it is too late
to make this change, and we can change this in the future w/o breaking
backward compatibility.  This change could possibly happen in 2.1 when
the operators are expanded.

1) Keep the current convention of having the Object Path on the LHS,
and constant on RHS, and replace the CONTAINS operator w/ ISSUBSET
and ISSUPERSET.  Both operators are required to support current known
use cases.

2a) We use CONTAINS, but make it support Object Path or Constants on
either side.  This is how things are currently specified.

2b) We rename CONTAINS to ISSUBSET, but keep the current definition
of Object Path and Constants on either side.

Sorry if things are a bit short, I've been busy today and wanted to
get this email out before I leave for the day.  Feel free to ask any
questions about the above proposals.

Thanks for your consideration.

--
John-Mark