cti message

Subject: RE: version proposed change to STIX 2.0 RC3

FYI - I agree with Allan’s proposed changes on version and thank Allan and his developers for their efforts on this!

From: cti@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:cti@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Allan Thomson
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2016 9:56 AM
To: cti@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [cti] version proposed change to STIX 2.0 RC3

All –

As agreed on the last working call I was asked to send the proposed text changes for the version number proposal. See the attached deck for intro.

Proposal:               Remove version number and rely on created/modified timestamps to provide the versioning information.

Rationale:             Implementers more easily can generate versioning.

I made changes to Part 1 and Part 2 (not attached). If anyone wants to see Part 2 changes (primarily changes to STIX objects property tables to be consistent with change to version property) let me know and I can send the doc.

Allan