cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] STIX Patterning - ALONG/OTHERWISE

We could also have a single table that captures the semantics for both Observation Expressions and Comparison Expressions:

Boolean Operator

Semantics (Observation Expressions)

Semantics (Comparison Expressions)

Associativity

a AND b

Both a and b MUST be Observation Expressions and MUST evaluate to true on different Observations.

Both a and b MUST be Comparison Expressions and MUST evaluate to true on the same Observation.

Left to right

a OR b

a and b MUST be Observation Expressions

and one of a or b MUST evaluate to true on different Observations.

Both a and b MUST be Comparison Expressions. Either a or b MUST evaluate to true.

Left to right

Regards,

Ivan