cti message

Subject: STIX 2.0 RC4 Open for Review & Document Conversion

All,

Now that the timestamp ballots have closed and the open issues are resolved, we’ve locked down the STIX 2.0 documents again and are releasing STIX 2.0 RC4 for comments. Given that this is the 4th release candidate, we’ll be doing an abbreviated comment period just through the end of this week (Dec 23). Please review the documents, paying particular attention to things that have changed since RC3. A changelog is attached to help with that. All comments should be sent to this mailing list.

In addition to the Word documents and PDFs in the attached .zip file, you can see the documents online by following the links from the cover page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yvqWaPPnPW-2NiVCLqzRszcx91ffMowfT5MmE9Nsy_w

After the close of the RC4 review period, assuming no further substantive comments are received, the editors will begin the process of converting the documents to the OASIS templates in preparation for a ballot to approve them as a Committee Specification Draft. Each part of the work product (5 documents) will be converted individually by following this process:

1.       The document text will be copied from Google Docs and pasted into the OASIS templates - Bret Jordan

2.       The normative and non-normative references will be added into the documents as tracked changes – Rich Piazza

3.       A style and consistency check will be performed as tracked changes – Trey Darley

4.       The documents will be reviewed by a series of TC co-chairs and members to ensure that no text has changed and that the conversion is complete/correct:

a.       John Wunder (initial review to accept tracked changes)

b.       Sarah Kelley

c.       Ivan Kirillov

d.       Greg Back

e.       Other TBD, any volunteers?

5.       The converted documents will be shared with the TC

6.       A ballot to approve the documents as a CSD will be opened. This will be CSD01, because our previous CSD ballot on RC2 didn’t have the complete documents as required by OASIS (notably, were missing the conformance sections). We expect the conversion to take roughly two weeks, so the ballot should be opening in early January.

The editors will maintain strict versioning practices and have the 5 review steps to ensure that no text is changed as a result of the conversion. This is merely a reformatting exercise. You can track the status of the conversion, once it starts, by looking at a table that we’ll add to the STIX 2.0 cover page (link above) that identifies where each work part is in the process at any given time and who owns it.

Please let any of the co-chairs or editors know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,

John, Sarah, Trey, Ivan, Bret, and Rich P.