cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Re: [EXT] [cti] STIX 2.1 Schedule

I would prefer to delay. We sped through releasing STIX 2.0, releasing it without some important features. STIX 2.1 should be about getting enough features into STIX that it is attractive enough to entice vendors who want to use it in actual products. And for that I'm happy to wait.

I personally thought the original cadence we were targeting was fairly unrealistic, and likely to be extended. Maybe after the release of STIX 2.1 we should revisit the timeline to realign it based on past experience?

Cheers
Terry MacDonald
Cosive

On 29/04/2017 00:59, "Paul Patrick" <Paul.Patrick@fireeye.com> wrote:

I’m in general agreement with Bret that there are too many missing pieces to enable broad adoption, so we should get a good number of them filled rather than rush out something.

Paul

From: <cti@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Bret Jordan <Bret_Jordan@symantec.com>
Date: Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 4:03 PM
To: "Wunder, John A." <jwunder@mitre.org>, "cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [cti] Re: [EXT] [cti] STIX 2.1 Schedule

Personally, I feel like we need to get some of these features out the door before we can get broad adoption.  While I am okay with pushing the date back a bit, I worry that it will slip even further.  I would really like to see us pick a solid date and then prioritize the list of things that we need to finish.  Then build a burn down chart for those features so we know if we are going to meet our date.

I also feel like it would be good to speed up on a few key areas.

Bret