cti message

Subject: CTI TC F2F - May 23 & 24

All,

I’m pleased to announce the next F2F meeting of the CTI TC – Tuesday May 23rd and Wednesday May 24th at the NIST National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (NCCoE) in Rockville, MD.   This F2F will focus on new features for STIX 2.1 and TAXII 2.1.   While past F2F meetings have had limited support for remote participation, our goal with this F2F is make remote participation as easy and as meaningful as possible.   Therefore, if your schedule or travel budget doesn’t allow you to attend in person, I would strongly encourage you to participate remotely.

Logistics

Location:                              NIST NCCoE, 9700 Great Seneca Hwy, Rockville, MD 20850 https://nccoe.nist.gov/contact-us  (free on-site parking)

Dates:                                   Tuesday, May 23rd and Wednesday, May 24th

Time:                                     9AM-5PM Eastern (we are working to get access to the building earlier in the morning for setup & registration)

Guest Wi-Fi:                      Yes

Event open to:                  OASIS CTI TC members only

Pre-registration:               Required - click here to register - NO LATER THAN Friday, May 19th (please see note for non-US citizens attending in person below*)

Remote available:            Yes (you still must pre-register)

* Please note that as this is a US Government-operated facility, non-US citizens without a “green card” THAT ARE PLANNING ON ATTENDING IN PERSON must complete the attached form and return it to the email address listed on the form NO LATER THAN Tuesday, May 16th.   On the form where it asks for “Employer/Sponsor” – please list your organization/employer.

Topics

The focus of this F2F will be on making as much progress as possible on proposed objects/additions to STIX 2.1 and TAXII 2.1.  In addition, we will have a session on STIX 2.0 Interoperability.  As with our last F2F in January, we will time-box each discussion to ensure that we get through the entire agenda.

Sponsorship Opportunities

If your organization is interested/willing to sponsor breakfast, lunch and/or AM/PM break refreshments, please contact Jane Harnad from OASIS (jharnad@oasis-open.org).

I hope to see as many of you as possible, either in person or virtually on the 23rd and 24th.  Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Regards,

Rich

Richard J. Struse

Chair, OASIS Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) Technical Committee

Chief Advanced Technology Officer

National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center (NCCIC)

Cyber Security & Communications

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

e-mail:  Richard.Struse@dhs.gov
Phone:  202-527-2361