cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Re: [EXT] [cti] Location as a Top-Level SDO

That is a really great point that shows how bad or dangerous this is.  So the idea of reusing someone else's location object really breaks down, no one could ever re-use the location objects as there would be no way to guarantee that they would not be updated and then change the meaning of the object.

Bret

From: Back, Greg <gback@mitre.org>
Sent: Friday, June 9, 2017 2:18:37 PM
To: Bret Jordan; Reller, Nathan S.; cti@lists.oasis-open.org

If Location is an SDO, does that make it possible to “move” another object by versioning the Location object? That seems like a bad idea. Especially if you effectively “move” other, unrelated objects that also refer to the same Location. Even if we did make Location a TLO, we would have to mandate that people update the “_ref” fields to move an SDO, not the Location itself.

(I haven’t made up my mind on whether I like the Location SDO in general, just pointing out one consideration).

Greg