cti message

Subject: Opportunities to host a CTI TC F2F

All,

At last week’s monthly TC meeting, we announced the dates and locations of the next two CTI TC F2F meetings. Hopefully, this longer lead time will make it easier for everyone to plan their participation – whether in person or remotely.  The next two F2F’s are:

  • October 17-18, 2017 – IBM, Austin TX
  • January 31-February 1st, 2018 – Symantec, Salt Lake City UT

We will send out separate emails with all of the logistics details for both of these.  Thanks to IBM and Symantec for hosting!

As I mentioned during the monthly meeting, we are looking for organizations interested in hosting/sponsoring F2F meetings in the late spring/early summer and fall/winter of 2018 (and beyond).  The general requirements for hosting a F2F are as follows:

  • Commitment to host a two-day event running from 8AM to 6PM
  • Ability to accommodate up to fifty (50) people in a collaborative seating arrangement with tables, adequate power and access to the Internet
  • AV support for zoom conferencing, specifically in-room speakers and microphones – room video compatible with zoom a plus
  • Minimal building access restrictions, i.e. escorts not required to access food or restrooms
  • Convenient to transportation hubs, hotels and free on-site parking
  • Convenient on-site access to food and refreshments - either catered or via on-site cafeteria (food services should be a short walk from meeting space and not require escort)

If your organization is interested in hosting a F2F, please send me a note.  Thanks for your support of the CTI TC.

Regards,

Rich

Richard J. Struse

Chair, OASIS Cyber Threat Intelligence Technical Committee

Chief Strategist for Cyber Threat Intelligence

The MITRE Corporation

+1-703-983-7049 (office)

+1-703-342-8368 (mobile)