cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Internationalization in STIX 2.1

I second the motion.

Sarah Kelley

Senior Cyber Threat Analyst

Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MS-ISAC)

31 Tech Valley Drive

East Greenbush, NY 12061

sarah.kelley@cisecurity.org

518-266-3493

24x7 Security Operations Center

SOC@cisecurity.org - 1-866-787-4722

From: <cti@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of "Wunder, John A." <jwunder@mitre.org>
Date: Friday, June 23, 2017 at 1:38 PM
To: "cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [cti] Internationalization in STIX 2.1

Hey all,

One of the topics we’ve been grappling with for awhile in STIX 2.1 is internationalization. We want STIX content, specifically, to be translatable into different languages so that you can have publishers creating content in several languages, third party translation services for STIX content, and identification of which language specific content is in.

We’ve made a lot of progress towards that end. Here’s what we have:

One thing we have no decided yet is whether each top-level object in STIX MUST have the `lang` field populated on every object or SHOULD have the `lang` field populated on every object (not including bundle, observed-data, and sighting, which don’t have translatable fields). There have been previous discussions on Slack, e-mail, and at the face-to-face…you should be able to dig through the mailing lists to find it, the most recent one can be found in the Feb-Mar 2017 archives:

It seems like at this point we just need to have a ballot to resolve this. So, I move that the TC open a ballot to determine whether we feel the `lang` property should be required on each top-level object or optional on each top-level object (i.e. STIX Domain Objects, STIX Relationship Objects, data-marking objects).

John

This message and attachments may contain confidential information. If it appears that this message was sent to you by mistake, any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and attachments is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.

. . . . .