cti message

Subject: Important note from OASIS: the two CS ballots for STIX and TAXII must be run again

Members of the CTI TC,

I regret that I have to inform you all that, due to a misunderstanding of the OASIS rules, the two votes just taken to approve STIX and TAXII as Committee Specifications were done incorrectly. I have to rule them invalid and run new ballots in their place.

I realize that this will be extremely frustrating to all you, especially those of you who took the time to cast your votes already, so please let me explain the problems.

Because the approval of a CS locks in all the OASIS protections and obligations on a work, the TC Process rules require that the approval vote be a Special Majority Vote and be carried out by the OASIS TC Administrator (me). You can see this at explained at https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#committeeSpec

In addition, because these are approvals of the spec with non-material changes since the last public review, additional requirements kick in on me, including notifying the OASIS members of the ballot, that did not happen here.

Both these leave me in a position where I have no leeway to simply certify, after the fact, the ballots that you voted on. I would do that if I could.

What I have done is to set up a single ballot on which you can cast your vote now. Please be sure to indicate your choice for both STIX and TAXII by clicking 2 options.

You can access the ballot now at:

Internal link:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cti/ballot.php?id=3102

Publicly visible link: