cti message

Subject: "I suggest there’s minimal impact to allowing [X]"

I will be stepping away from this effort after many years of active participation and engagement at varying degrees of intensity.

In saying goodbye (for now), I want to quote Allan Thompson to make a point and highlight a great frustration that I and many others have with how our discourse typically seems to play out.  I can cite a dozen concepts I've passionately engaged on with this community -- but do we really want to re-hash any of these?

So as my final musing: "I suggest there’s minimal impact to allowing [X]" should become a key measure by which decisions are made going forward.  If someone has taken the time and effort to actually speak up and argue for something in this challenging community, ***AND*** it passes the "Allen Thompson Test", then encourage them to draft the language to codify same and include in the specifications.

"So long and thanks for all the fish" -- Douglas Adams, 1984

Pat Maroney

Patrick Maroney
Principal Engineer - Data Science & Analytics
Wapack Labs LLC
(609)841-5104