cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Roadmap discussion and update

All -

New Context supports an Autumn 2017 release of STIX 2.1 consisting of:

  * i18n
  * Confidence
  * Intel Note
  * Opinion
  * Location
  * Malware
  * IEP
  * DNS Request/Response

It is understood that the following work items would be postponed to
2.2:

  * Event/Incident
  * Infrastructure
  * COA
  * STIX Patterning Extensions

While it is unfortunate that the scope of work has expanded to exceed
the time initially earmarked for STIX 2.1 development, that should
come as no surprise to anyone with experience trying to put accurate
time estimates on complex development efforts.

The TC work items ready to ship for 2.1 are significant. It would be
unconscionable to artificially delay the release of these extensions
to the STIX data model and thereby prevent folks from solving
real-world problems they confront *today* by binding ourselves to the
mast of an idealistic, completionist definition of STIX 2.1.

Sarah, thanks for the great summary of the crossroads we find
ourselves at. ^_^

--
Cheers,
Trey