cti message

Subject: STIX and TAXII v2.0 publication update

Dear colleagues:

This is a short update on completing the certification of STIX and TAXII v2.0 as OASIS Committee Specifications, after the recent successful ballot.  As you know, the invocation of final patent licensing rights for the specs (under our IPR Policy) is triggered by CS status approval.  As a result, OASIS staff is working to resolve and finalize the license issues quickly.

We are in active discussion with the stakeholders to the original DHS license (in spite of the summer holidays) to confirm what modifications if any can be quickly agreed and resolved to address license rules issues.  These are licensing details that, from our perspective, should not affect your technical development at all;  OASIS hopes to help make the terms as conventional, and the specs as widely acceptable in the open standards community, as is possible.

We expect to be able to wrap this up within a few weeks, but Chet and I will keep you posted, and you should feel free to direct any questions to either of us.

Cordially, Jamie

James Bryce Clark, General Counsel
https://www.oasis-open.org/staff
www.twitter.com/JamieXML

OASIS+FIRST Borderless Cyber Prague:  j.mp/praguecybersec
EU Commission 2017 Plan for Open ICT Standards:  j.mp/EUstds2017
Cybersecurity standards at RSAc 2017:  j.mp/OASIS2017RSA