cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Re: [EXT] Re: [cti] Summary of the working call

Bret/Andras – I wasn’t able to attend the working call but I would like to point out that the definition of the Event object in the “current” proposal has a relationship to Observed-Data object(s) as well as other new STIX 2.1 objects Intel-Note.

Therefore an event can describe a generic event that points to OSINT data (e.g. observed-data), CERT notification (e.g. intel-note), black-list (could be represented as a list of IPs as Observed-Data object).

Andras is asking for reasonable (we agree with them) use cases that the Event object should support.

So I would suggest that the current proposal on the table is closer to what is needed to support the MISP event use cases that is being suggested.

Certainly we agree that Event should *not* just be about an investigation and *should* represent various event use cases including the ones that Andras has suggested.

Allan Thomson
CTO
+1-408-331-6646
LookingGlass Cyber Solutions <http://www.lookingglasscyber.com/>