cti message

Subject: Public TAXII 2.0 Server to play with

All,

Since TAXII 2.0 has been approved as a Committee Specification I thought it would be good if there was a TAXII 2.0 server that you could play with to see how it works.  Over the past week I have put together the start of a TAXII 2.0 server and have enabled it on a public IP address.

Please note the following:

1) This is still very much in the early development stage.

2) Some features are not yet implemented, please see https://github.com/freetaxii/freetaxii-server for a list of what is working

3) Some features have been "hAcKeD" together to make this demo work

4) As I add features and functionality and clean up the code, I will update this demo

5) There is currently only a single collection of indicators. This collection is wrapping the emerging threats list of IPs in to STIX 2.0 Indicators

6) This service can be reached via a TAXII 2.0 client or via a Web browser.

Connection Information:

https://test.freetaxii.com:8000/taxii/

The following Accept headers are supported (you can change your accept header in Chrome with the ModHeader plugin)

  • application/vnd.oasis.taxii+json - the standard TAXII 2 format
  • application/json - a pretty JSON representation
  • text/html - you will get a pretty web interface

If you do not want to use your web browser and do not yet have a TAXII client, you can use curl:

curl -H "Accept:application/vnd.oasis.taxii+json;" https://test.freetaxii.com:8000/taxii/
curl -H "Accept:application/vnd.oasis.taxii+json;" https://test.freetaxii.com:8000/api1/
curl -H "Accept:application/vnd.oasis.taxii+json;" https://test.freetaxii.com:8000/api1/collections/
etc...

Let me know what you think and if you find any issues.

Bret