cti message

Subject: *RESCHEDULED* March CTI TC Monthly Meeting

All,

BLUF: The monthly meeting of the CTI TC scheduled for Thursday, March 15 at 11AM Eastern and 9PM Eastern has been rescheduled for Thursday, March 29. See below for details.

On March 12th the leadership of the CTI TC sent an email regarding the debate on the path forward to the STIX 2.1 release, explaining that it seemed we were at such an inflection point that a TC ballot measure was the only viable solution. We implored CTI TC members to join yesterday's TC working call, preparatory to finalizing the text of the ballot measure that we thought would need to follow the full TC call.

As it happened - and none of the TC leadership anticipated this outcome - we appear to have re-converged on the working consensus that emerged from the Salt Lake City face-to-face.  The devil is in the details, however. We had prepared an agenda (and supporting PowerPoint deck) intended to highlight the pros and cons of some 4-5 distinct paths forward. In light of the apparent (and unexpected) consensus reached during yesterday's working call, we need to at minimum rework the TC call agenda to reflect the current status of the 2.1+ roadmap. Since it is clear that having high-level agreement is not sufficient, we need additional time to document the details to ensure that everyone in the TC has a clear and thorough understanding of the proposed approach to STIX 2.1 and beyond.

As a team we agreed that it's in the best interest of the CTI TC to postpone Thursday’s full TC call by two weeks so as to allow sufficient time for us to ensure that the consensus that emerged during yesterday's working call is concrete and to subsequently adapt our agenda so as to have an evidence-based discussion with you all as to our best way forward.  We know that many of you have already had time carved out for tomorrow's TC call in your respective agendas for some time. Like your TC co-chairs, you are busy. While we regret this last-minute rescheduling, we feel that it is the only responsible course of action and are reassured that the approach we worked diligently towards at the face-to-face appears to be a viable way forward.

Regards,

Rich (on behalf of the entire CTI TC Leadership Team)

Richard J. Struse

Chair, OASIS Cyber Threat Intelligence Technical Committee

Chief Strategist for Cyber Threat Intelligence

The MITRE Corporation

+1-703-983-7049 (office)

+1-703-342-8368 (mobile)