cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Re: [EXT] Re: [cti] Finalizing the STIX 2.1 Malware Object

Yes, that is basically what I am proposing.

Something along the lines of:

result (required)

string

The classification result or name assigned to the malware instance by the AV scanner tool.

If no resulting context-specific classification value or name is provided by the AV scanner tool then

the result SHOULD come from the av-result-general-ov open vocabulary.

where av-result-general-ov  is something like “malicious”, “suspicious”, “benign”, “unknown”, “error”

Sean Barnum

Principal Architect

FireEye

M: 703.473.8262