cti message

Subject: Re: [EXT] [cti] Motion for Open Repository for STIX Enhancement Proposals

Then I suggest we work diligently on:

1) Defining the scope of the enhancement process, aka what types of enhancements are we going to allow and not allow (I took a stab at iterating out all the possible options and the ones that I felt we should do first in a previous email)

2) What are the requirements for this process (I took a stab at defining some of them in a previous email)

3) How is one going to advertise in STIX and TAXII that you are using an enhancement. This is the biggest unknown and without it, everything else is just academic.

4) Then we can figure out if and how people contribute work to the TC or to a registry.

You made request to add this and you had two people from two different organizations object. If organizations that you represent want to submit ideas to the TC, then today they can do so via the public comment email list.

Bret

From: Trey Darley <trey@newcontext.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 4:25:15 PM
To: Bret Jordan
Cc: OASIS CTI TC list

On 24.07.2018 21:36:41, Bret Jordan wrote:
> I will not retract my objection because we do not yet know if and
> how this process is going to work.

Bret, you have not articulated any harm that would be caused by
allowing this to go forward. What we want to do is contribute a
substantial body of work to the TC in a standardized format (with
normative text and JSON schema) which can be used by others in the ICS
space.

The TC *might* decide to incorporate this set of contributions into
the standard at some point. It might not.

The TC *might* adopt some formalized process for STIX Enhancements at
some point down the road, at which point it will be a trivial exercise
for us to take this normalized set of contributions and transfer that
into whatever the formal TC process winds up being.

You and Jason have long been complaining about a lack of agility but
your words and your actions are in direct conflict. It appears that
you are being obstructionist and for the life of me I cannot ascertain
what your motivation is.

--
Cheers,
Trey