cti message

Subject: IMPORTANT: Partial TC roster discovered on VirusTotal

All,

It was reported to us within the past hour that a TC member discovered a file containing a partial roster of OASIS CTI TC members had been uploaded to VirusTotal.  It appears that the TC member whose system the file was uploaded from was unaware of the upload and therefore we must presume some malign intent in uploading the file. We do not know if obtaining this roster was the goal or if it was simply swept up along with other files from that personâs system.

Regardless, since the roster contains TC member names, email addresses, job titles and organizations, we should all be on the lookout for spear-phishing and/or social engineering attempts based on having access to this information.

Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,

Rich

Richard J. Struse

Chair, OASIS Cyber Threat Intelligence Technical Committee

Chief Strategist for Cyber Threat Intelligence

The MITRE Corporation

+1-703-983-7049 (office)

+1-703-342-8368 (mobile)