cti message

Subject: STIX Sightings & Semantic Equivalence

All,

On behalf of our work for DHS, weâve been working on some studies and white papers on several topics related to the application and use of STIX 2.x data. Accordingly, weâd like to share with you today two white papers that have come out of this work: one that covers the use (including prescriptive guidance) of sightings in a STIX/TAXII ecosystem [1] and another on calculating semantic equivalence (addressing the question of whether two STIX objects are similar but not identical) between STIX SDOs [2] and the use cases that this addresses.

MITRE and our DHS sponsor consider these to be important topics that are relevant to the use of STIX 2.x today and going forward. As such, weâd welcome any feedback or input you may have â please feel free to add comments directly to the Google Docs.

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zPqKX9LY8wB9Prj_aua0iD505ti6k7jY5PWLwEd731U/edit?usp=sharing

[2] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QWgCi2HkVXFje5T3p8hxxVij8zb2eKEcciKZmeIQXjg/edit?usp=sharing

Regards,

Ivan Kirillov