cti message

Subject: Re: [EXT] [cti] Thank you to Mark Davidson and John Wunder

Thanks Mark and John for all that you have done.

Bret

From: cti@lists.oasis-open.org <cti@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Struse, Richard J. <rjs@mitre.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2018 12:44:41 PM
To: cti@lists.oasis-open.org; Mark Davidson; Wunder, John A.

All,

On this morning’s TC call, Mark Davidson from NC4 and John Wunder from MITRE indicated that they intend to step back in the near future from their roles as co-chairs of the TAXII and STIX subcommittees, respectively. Both Mark and John cited demands on their time as a result of other responsibilities as the main driver of their decision. Both Mark and John stressed that they intend to remain active in the CTI TC and the ongoing development of the STIX and TAXII standards.

On behalf of the entire TC, I would like to thank both Mark and John for all of their contributions to STIX and TAXII since the very beginning of this work in 2012. Both have devoted a significant amount of time, energy, expertise and passion to the development of these standards.  In addition, both Mark and John have consistently embodied the best qualities of a true professional – humility, the willingness to listen to others, and a sense of service to something larger than themselves.  For all this and more, we owe them a debt of gratitude.

Please join me in thanking Mark and John.

Regards,

Rich

Richard J. Struse

Chair, OASIS Cyber Threat Intelligence Technical Committee

Chief Strategist for Cyber Threat Intelligence

The MITRE Corporation

+1-703-983-7049 (office)

+1-703-342-8368 (mobile)