cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Re: Call for nominations for CTI TC co-chair position

I would also like to voice my support for Trey. Having worked extensively with him over the past several years (time flies!) on Cyber Observables and STIX, I've seen first-hand Trey's selfless dedication and commitment to the TC and these standards that we're creating together. I feel like he would be a great TC co-chair and would help chart us towards future success with the forthcoming STIX/TAXII 2.1 and subsequent releases.

Regards,
Ivan

ïOn 9/21/18, 12:00 PM, "cti@lists.oasis-open.org on behalf of Kelley, Sarah E." <cti@lists.oasis-open.org on behalf of skelley@mitre.org> wrote:

    I would also support Trey's nomination for the TC Co-Chair role. I believe he always has the best interest of the committee and the specifications as his motivator for action. His long standing position as a co-chair is a testament of his dedication to this TC.

    Sarah Kelley
    Lead Cybersecurity Engineer, T8B2
    Defensive Operations
    The MITRE Corporation
    703-983-6242
    skelley@mitre.org

    -----Original Message-----
    From: cti@lists.oasis-open.org <cti@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of Trey Darley
    Sent: Friday, September 21, 2018 1:38 PM
    To: Andrew Storms <storms@newcontext.com>
    Cc: Mark Davidson <Mark.Davidson@nc4.com>; Struse, Richard J. <rjs@mitre.org>; cti@lists.oasis-open.org

    I accept your nomination, Mark. Thank you.

    Thank you for your second, Storms.

    If elected, it will be an honor to serve the CTI TC community in the role of TC co-chair. Throughout my involvement with the STIX/TAXII community since 2013, Rich and I have developed an excellent working relationship. Our skill-sets are a nice combination of overlap and complementary, which I believe would make us an effective leadership team.

    During my time in the STIX/TAXII community, I have played key roles with a number of commercial software vendors implementing STIX/TAXII (Splunk, Soltra, EclecticIQ, and New Context). I have also contributed significant time to CTI-focused open-source projects such as MISP and CRITs. As I transition over to CERT.be in the coming weeks, I will add to that breadth of experience the perspective of working in a national CERT team leveraging numerous tools and feeds as part of their CTI program.

    I believe that it's important for an international standards body to have international leadership. As a dual Belgian-American citizen based in Brussels with extensive relationships within the international CTI community, I will work tirelessly to ensure that the interests of all CTI TC constituents are well-served.

    For the past two years I have served as the official liaison between OASIS and FIRST, with deep ties within both of these partner organizations.

    I believe that my ability to understand the needs of commercial vendors, open-source tool developers, and CTI consumers like CERTs, coupled with my excellent working relationship with Rich, my international perspective, and my experience as OASIS liaison to FIRST uniquely qualifies me to serve as an effective CTI TC co-chair.

    If elected, I will focus my efforts on improving the CTI TC culture, outreach to increase the number of active participants, and accelerating the development velocity as we finalize STIX 2.1 and TAXII 2.1.

    --
    Sincerely,
    Trey Darley