cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Plan/Timeline for STIX/TAXII 2.1 CSD01 Interoperability Document

Marlon - No discussion has occurred in the interop group on 2.1 support other than some notional ideas that might apply to 2.1 in future.

This is partly because 2.0 is still not completed.

Given how long it has taken us to get to this point I would be cautious over-committing to 2.1 until 2.0 is done.

Please vote on all 2.0 interop documents. Part2 test document will be coming out for TC Ballot approval soon. That will help us get to 2.1 interop sooner.

Secondly, until 2.1 is actually an approved CS standard then I would caution against 2.1 interop testing too much. As the TC has stated. Features can change from CSD to CSD version. Therefore building features in interop testing that have to then change will just frustrate and confuse what interop really means.

Interop can *only* be certified on CS level products. Otherwise the STIXPreferred program will become a nightmare for both vendors and consumers of the certification badges to be meaningless.

Allan Thomson
CTO (+1-408-331-6646)
LookingGlass Cyber Solutions <http://www.lookingglasscyber.com/>