cti message

Subject: Working Call: Text-based Notes

CTI TC:

Below are the text-based notes of the Working Call today. I include embedded images on the PDF that are not available on this version.

Jane Ginn

Meeting Date:

December 4, 2018

Time:

3:00 p.m. EST

Purpose:

Weekly Working Session

Attendees:

Allan Thomson â Moderator

Trey Darley

Sarah Kelley

Gary Katz

John-Mark Gurney

Rich Piazza

Sean Barnum

Nicholas Hayden

Tom Vaughn

Dr. Masato

Jason Keirstead

Chris Ricard

Jane Ginn â Recorder

Vivek Jain

Agenda:

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Cyber Observables â How handle moving forward

Meeting Notes:

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Allan Thomson

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ There has been a mini-group on the two key proposals â we are discussing here with

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Larger group today, during the regular working call

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Problem Summary

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ We agree that an ID is required for SCOs with the following properties

It should be possible to deterministically compute on both creation (producer side) and useful for search (consumer side)

Its easy to create (for both sides)

It can be referenced by relationships across transactional/individual units of intel (i.e. bundles)

The ID will be computed on a subset of SCO properties <- mini-group consensus last week

We need to work on

A) How does each implementation interoperate including what needs to be defined in the spec for preferred subset

B) How an ID is computed for the set of properties chosen for subset of properties

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Commonalities of Two Proposals

Producer SHOULD use an identifier-template defined in the STIX specification for the SCO

Exact format of identifier template is tbc (later slides)

Producer MAY use a different identifier-template than that defined in the STIX specification for the SCO

Producer MUST pass an identifier-map of non-standard templates used as part of a STIX Bundle either directly as a STIX object or via reference to an externally published version for use by external organizations

Identifiers MUST use an identifier-template to specify how the id is generated.

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ John-Mark Gurney

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ [Asked a question for clarification on two vendors and the use of IDs]

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Then, asked if there was only 1 ID on these objects

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Allan Thomson

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ [Noted that in the future â there could be multiple IDs â but we want to get agreement on this first]

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ [Went over the Pros & Cons]

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Sean Barnum

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ [Clarified that the Pros and Cons for the UUID proposal are overall,

Ânot compared to the other proposal]

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ John-Mark Gurney

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ The SHA1 standard is compromised â we may need to consider

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Gary Katz

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Would that we relevant in this case?

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ John-Mark Gurney

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ If you keep all of the data for the Object, then the SHA1 could be used, if you donât, then it could be

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ A problem, even for this case.

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Gary Katz

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Could you send out some links on this afterwards

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Chris Ricard

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Are the two approaches being debated to ensure semantic equivalency

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Allan Thomson

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ We want an approach where we can have an ID that can be used in multiple Use Cases

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Chris Ricard

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Then, it is deterministicâ?

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ OK, then, gave an example of a scenarioâ Noted that different users would assign different IDs

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Allan Thomson

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ The mini-group has discussed this about the mappingâ We agreed that there will never be consensus

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ On what parameters to be usedâ that is why we are deferring to the STIXPreferred persona

 The specification allows flexibilityâÂ

the Interoperability is where we have agreed upon for the Use Cases

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Chris Ricard

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ If it is something that is negotiated on a case-by-case basisâ

then you can have agreement on a specific

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Use Case

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Allan Thomson

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ [Had problem with word ânegotiationââ but, agreed in principle]

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Gary Katz

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Gave a clarifying point about how different vendors will use their own parameters

could be with a library

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Chris Ricard

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ If this is for searchingâWhy not just hash the value?

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Sean Barnum

 The primary Use Case is for de-dupingâ not query. The secondary Use Case is between vendors

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Then what we all do to make it easier for the usersâ but, primary Use Case is de-dupe

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Jason Keirstead

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ What Chris is bringing up is very relevantâ a legitimate problem with the whole ideaâ

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ This could be a problemâ I realize this is a compromise

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Allan Thomson

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ We all agreeâ Letâs try and find a compromiseâ. From a standards POV, what we need to do is

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Find a compromise

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Chris Ricard

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ I donât know that this solves anything

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Jason Keirstead

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ What this seems like to me is that we need to flush this out furtherâ

or we will have a problem with TC

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ The problem I have with thisâ. What is the Business Valueâ.If the IDs are different from producer-to-

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Producer

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Allan Thomson

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ In a large community, we need a mappingâ.[Gave example of AIS feeds]

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Jason Keirstead

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Made argument that the intra-vendor Use Cases have not been articulated

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Gary Katz

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Here is one:Â High Speed sensor â need a way to use same ID for the same object

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ A second one â As a producer of intel, as a producer, I have made a determination that these are

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Correlatedâ you need to provide that as a service

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ The third Use Caseâ I have multiple, different vendorsâ in that case, Iâll need to correlate

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ With these proposalsâ we have a discovery process with a mapping structure

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Jason Keirstead

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Gave an argument â Do not agree

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Sean Barnum

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Asked about how to keep track of relationships

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Jason Keirstead

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ They are internal issuesâ it is not about sharing.Â

I understand that internally, that you guys have a graph

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Allan Thomson

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ This is not about individual organizationsâ Made a point about custom properties â will not fix issue

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ If that is where we disagreeâ Is that what you are actually disputing

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Jason Keirstead

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ We can have STIX top-level objects that would be linked to a Cyber Observableâ then, canât use STIX

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Gary Katz

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ It is about how it is computedâ not what the ID is

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Sean Barnum

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ We do this to scaleâ so it is implementableâ [Gave examples of file, network traffic, email different]

 Weâve seen different players have different perspectivesâÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ What Allan was saying was that Optionality will help with specific Use Casesâ without trying to

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Achieve the 5% without breaking the 95%

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Chris Ricard

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ It seems to me the ID should not be indicating semantic equivalenceâ it should be a different object

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ [Gave a proposed solution of a âSemantic Equivalenceâ object that could relate to the CO]

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Made argument that they should not be de-deduped

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ John-Mark Gurney

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ I agree with Chris

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Gary Katz

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ For those that are opposing thisâ could you please outline how your organization would do this

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Please outline

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Jason Keirstead

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ I keep having a problem. We would have to throw these things away

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ I still have to match UUID4s â We still have to do string matchesâ.

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Allan Thomson

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ At the beginning of this mini-groupâ there are some Use Cases that it will help

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Sarah Kelley

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ If it solves some Use Cases, then letâs use it

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ John-Mark Gurney

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ If we can solve the security issueâ the other problem is that not all fields are hashed

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ It solves one problem and raises another problem

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Gary Katz

 Can I respond to that real quick? [Gave an example of different vendors using different hashes]

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ You are still getting a correlation between different producersâ if have a mapping

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ John-Mark Gurney

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ The problem is that for additional context properties that you are linking toâ you cannot use

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ That â the hash will be different

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Gary Katz

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Have an identifier map for that Producer that would allow me to distinguish it from others

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ John-Mark Gurney

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Correctâ but it is not handled in this proposals

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ That is why I like Jasonâs idea of having a custom propertyâ

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Trey Darley

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Gave example, being inside CERT, we are having problems with correlating thingsâ It didnât work

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ For Malware, Infrastructure and Incidentâ What we are aiming at is the best alternative

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ To no agreement

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Allan Thomson

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ So, what was proposed was an attempt to provide Optionalityâ but, it sounds like some are having

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Problemsâ

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ We collectively have to find a compromise that works for everybodyâ

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Trey Darley

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ The problem is getting worse for all of the market sectorsâ we have a societal imperative to find a

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Solution

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Sean Barnum

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ How do we move forward that does not block for some of us to move forwardâ For those of you

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ That are having problemsâ Please be specific

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ We got to this point in the Mini-group for some very specific Use Cases

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ There are things with STIX that we canât doâ

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ John-Mark Gurney

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ I heard a proposal hereâ you create a third-party object [Chrisâs suggestion as given above]

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Allan Thomson

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ It was discussed in the Mini-Group, and then was discounted.

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ John-Mark Gurney

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ It should be presented to the larger group, so we could debate it.

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Gary Katz

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ The reason it was discounted was that it did not meet the specific Use Case of the high-speed sensor.

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Allan Thomson

 We are running out of timeâ weâll have to discuss this later. Thank you all for joining us.

Rest of Slide Deck Information:

Identifier Templates:Â Option #1

â Use STIX Pattern Grammar variation

-ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Use the terms defined in the STIX pattern grammar and the concatenation terms

-ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ and define SHA1 hash on the result of the _expression_

â [email.type:value FOLLOWEDBY email.is_multipart:value]

â For optional fields we could have

-ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ [email.type:value FOLLOWEDBY (email.is_multipart:value OR â\ffâ)]

-ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ If is_multipart was an optional field value

-ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ \ff or similar would be chosen to avoid ambiguity

Identifier Template:Â Option #2

Meeting Terminated

Jane Ginn, MSIA, MRP
Secretary, OASIS CTI TC