cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Submission of STIX/TAXII to ITU-T? Plan for reply

Oh and also, that is not an ITU requirement, it is our own OASIS policy.Â

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 1:25 PM Jason Keirstead <Jason.Keirstead@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
I agree with Allan..

Furthermore, I believe that if it requires for 2.0 to be a full OASIS standard - that perhaps we should go down that path.

IE - roadblocking this on 2.1 and that yet-to-be-determined timeframe, is not IMO a good idea whatsoever.

Can we get clarity on what level of specification ITU requires - CSD, CS, COS, OASIS Standard?

-
Jason Keirstead
Lead Architect - IBM Security Connect
www.ibm.com/security

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." - Unknown

From: Â Â Â ÂAllan Thomson <athomson@lookingglasscyber.com>
To: Â Â Â Â"Kelley, Sarah E." <skelley@mitre.org>, Jamie Clark <jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>, OASIS CTI TC Discussion List <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>, "Struse, Richard J." <rjs@mitre.org>, "trey.darley@cert.be" <trey.darley@cert.be>
Cc: Â Â Â ÂChet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>
Date: Â Â Â Â12/13/2018 01:58 PM
Sent by: Â Â Â Â<cti@lists.oasis-open.org>

Regardless of when STIX2 becomes a full approved standard I think OASIS guidance to ITU-T should be that they should not standardize a standard (version1) that is already being replaced for good reason.
I think it makes ITU-T look foolish and disconnected. But if they want to do that then go ahead. Its just an opinion.
Allan Thomson
CTO (+1-408-331-6646)
LookingGlass Cyber Solutions