cti message

Subject: RE: TAXII Version Filter - Please review

Bret,

I feel like this line If the STIX object does not contain either a modified or created timestamp, then this filter should return the latest version according to the server.

does not convey (or goes against) the purpose of using the version filter. I am having a problem with the word latest on that line as not always we would want to resolve for the latest object in a server. Perhaps something like the following would allow for the resolution of objects without created or modified time.

### BEGIN

If the STIX object does not contain either a modified or created timestamp, then this filter should use the date and time when the object was added to the server as a method to disambiguate the object to be returned.

### END

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Emmanuelle