cti message

Subject: Structural Changes to the STIX Docs

All,

As one of your editors on STIX, I would like to propose a few structural changes to the documents.

1) I would like to move all STIX objects to Part 2 and have the Common Properties be the first section in Part 2.  Basically have a STIX Domain Objects section, a STIX Relationship Objects section, and a STIX Other Objects section for the Bundle, Language Content, and Marking Definition.

2) I would like to see about merging Part 3 in to Part 1.  The lines between them and the Chinese wall that we had between them, is fading fast.

3) I would like to have a common properties section in Part 4, as the first section.  Basically all of the common properties for Cyber Observable Objects.

This would then leave us with 3 main parts + pattern instead of 4 + patterning

I would then like to change the definition of STIX Objects to include SDOs, SROs, SOOs, and SCOs.  I think this will help people better understand what we are talking about and give us a better way of referencing all of the parts.

Bret