cti message

Subject: Re: [EXT] [cti] STIX Objects

Would SMOâs include things like MarkingObjects?  What else?

From: <cti@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Bret Jordan <Bret_Jordan@symantec.com>
Date: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 11:22 AM
To: "cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [EXT] [cti] STIX Objects

All,

As we make a final push to finish up STIX 2.1, several people have noticed some inconsistencies with our terminology around objects.  As such, I worked with Trey today to come up with a diagram that we would like to propose to the TC to help bring clarity to this.  If the TC agrees to this or something like this, then we can make the changes throughout the documents to make sure everything follows this pattern. I also believe it would be good if we added a diagram like this to Part 1 Introduction.

Please give us your comments and feedback.  Diagram is attached to this email.  And yes, the terms can be bike-shedded and discussed.  The initial goal is to just get the buckets right.

Bret