cti message

Subject: Recap of Today's Working Call

All,

We had a good turn out today for the working call, thank you for attending. Here is a quick summary of what we talked about:

1) Project Plan: We talked again about the project plan and the various milestones that we have called out.  This is now the second working call we have worked through this and no significant issues have been raised.  The project plan document can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KHr8PK_QGAFcwhnuStcgwPGu3NwSidyGOdUejimTR-4/edit?ts=5c743cce#gid=0

Notable aspects:
a) The first milestone will contain getting general acceptance on Grouping, Malware, Malware Analysis, SCO changes, and the deprecation of the cyber observable container (NOT the observed data SDO).

b) The second milestone will be a lot of document cleanup including the merging of parts 1 and 3 and some document reorganization. At this milestone we will for sure release a working draft.

c) The next milestone will contain infrastructure

d) To help speed this process up we have asked that some interested parties work in a mini-group on infrastructure to get it in to a better state. Trey and I have started some initial work on a combined introduction for the merge of parts 1 and 3.  We will be sharing this shortly, as we discussed at length on the working call today.

2) We made a first pass at the Grouping object and got most of the initial comments and suggestions resolved.  There is more work that needs to be done here, but the first pass looks good.

3) We made a first pass at the Malware object, but did not get through all of the relationships.

4) There will be no working call next week due to the FIRST CTI event in London.

Action Items:

I) Review Grouping in detail here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bkMmU1PxlwlAwjrMmyWV147rvLcRs2x62FicHbpH2gU/edit#heading=h.t56pn7elv6u7

II) Review Malware properties in detail here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bkMmU1PxlwlAwjrMmyWV147rvLcRs2x62FicHbpH2gU/edit#heading=h.s5l7katgbp09

III) Make a first pass review of the Malware relationships here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bkMmU1PxlwlAwjrMmyWV147rvLcRs2x62FicHbpH2gU/edit#heading=h.wete2ohmtz4y