cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Some things to think about

My only comment on this is that, having had to guide and walk through a couple of dozen of people through these documents over the past year, I can say that locating the vocabularies and that they are not present in the same document as where they are referenced, is a constant source of confusion for folks. I fear that moving them all to the rear of the documents (Part 4) could make this even worse. If all vocabularies are moved to one document, then IMHO it should be a document all by itself, and should be one of the first (1 or 2).

-
Jason Keirstead
Lead Architect - IBM Security Connect
www.ibm.com/security

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." - Unknown

From:        Bret Jordan <Bret_Jordan@symantec.com>
To:        "cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date:        04/03/2019 04:23 PM
Subject:        [cti] Some things to think about
Sent by:        <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>

All,

Trey and I worked for a few hours today on some basic editorial stuff and we have a discussion point that we need to bring up on next weeks call.  We had previously talked about moving the SDO vocabs from part 1 to part 2 and moving all SCO vocabs to the end of the new part 3, so it follows the layout of part 2.

However, Trey and I talked that some of the vocabs are used by both SDOs and SCOs.  We also talked a lot about how implementers will use the vocabs and reference them.  One of the ideas that we came up with, that we want to float by the TC is, what if we made Part 4 be all of the vocabs for SDOs and SCOs?  This way an implementer would have all of the vocabs in a single document.  We will add this to the discussion items for next weeks working call.

Trey and I will also look at some of the items from Milestone 2 that we can do this week as well, to help speed things up. Basically things that are purely editorial and do not change any substantive content.  As always, we will review ALL changes on the working call so there is full transparency.

Bret