cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Boilerplate change suggestion

I second Sean;s comments.  Your description is much clearer and easier to understand.

Paul Patrick

From: <cti@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Sean Barnum <sean.barnum@FireEye.com>
Date: Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 1:13 PM
To: Emily Ratliff <Emily.Ratliff@ibm.com>, "cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>

I like your proposed change.

Sean Barnum

Principal Architect

FireEye

M: 703.473.8262

E: sean.barnum@fireeye.com

From: <cti@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Emily Ratliff <Emily.Ratliff@ibm.com>
Date: Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 12:34 PM
To: "cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [cti] Boilerplate change suggestion

Hi,

Coming new to the spec, I found the following boilerplate in STIX difficult to wrap my mind around:

"The reverse relationships (relationships "to" the Infrastructure object) are included as a convenience. For their definitions, please see the objects for which they represent a "from" relationship."

In particular, the clause "for which they represent a 'from' relationship" took several moments to grok and I don't believe that I am alone based on some discussions.

I would like to propose the following alternative text:

Reverse relationships indicate relationships targeting this object by other objects. They are included here for convenience. For their definitions, please see the "Source" object.

Thanks!

Emily

Emily Ratliff
STSM, IBM Security Research Initiative Lead

Image removed by sender. IBM Security

Phone:1-512-286-9947| Mobile:1-512-653-1052
E-mail:
Emily.Ratliff@ibm.com

11501 Burnet Rd
Austin, TX 78758-3400
United States

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and/or privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.