cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Re: [EXT] Re: [cti] Items Ready for TC Wide Final Review

Exactly. What I absolutely cannot fathom is what the arguments against
this change are in the first place - is it a breaking change that would
prevent us from ingesting content generated with STIX 2.0? Nope,
UUIDv4/v5 are subsets of the new supported values (anything in the RFC),
so we're all good.

Did anyone come forward with sane arguments why we should enforce this?
The only attempt I saw was pointing at an example of an obvious slip-up
with some UUIDs being copy-pastaed into several objects causing
collisions in a report - obviously something that happened due to
user-error and a strong demonstration of how the entire issue is being
misunderstood / misrepresented.

Bret, I honestly don't understand the resistance against this. Can you
personally think of any valid reason why this would be
counter-productive besides the argument that we've probably made a
short-sighted decision as a TC and thus we should suffer from it for all
eternity to remind us of our past mistakes? :)

Best regards,
Andras