cti message

Subject: Recap of the working call today

All,

We had a good and detailed discussion on the working call today.  We were able to achieve consensus on a path forward for identifiers for working draft 04.  We had 18 people on the call today and no one objected to the following plan.

1) The identifier text will get cleaned up to reflect the changes we talked about on the call.  These will NOT be done in suggestion mode, but rather, a clean version will be sent to this list for final review.

2) The text will make sure we allow organizations to generate their own IDs how ever they want.

3) We will remove from working draft 04 the ability for an organization to say HOW they generated their IDs.  This means the "id_method" and "id_method_details" properties will be pulled completely from working draft 04.

4) We will talk about the "id_method" and "id_method_details" properties in working draft 05 or working draft 06 time frame.  In addition we will try and address at that time if it is best to have them on the identity object, on a bundle, on a new wrapper object, on objects themselves, etc.   But this will be done after working draft 04 is released.

Action items:

Please review the ID text that the editors will send to the list in the next few days.  Please make all comments and suggestion on the email list before next Tuesday.

Upcoming Working Call Agenda:

Next week's working call will address the last blocking issue and a few smaller issues.  This last blocking issue is about a collision on properties that were added to SCOs at the very end of the last F2F and properties that already exists on some SCOs.

Thanks

Bret