cti message

Subject: Recap of working call

All,

We had a great turn out today for the working call.  We were able to resolve the last few blockers that were preventing Working Draft 04 from being released.  The plan is to try and get Working Draft 04 out tomorrow.

Specific Issues:

Issue 23: Adding Benign.  This was life boated to WD05.  The general view is that we need to do this holistically not just for Malware. We may look at doing an assertion object for this.

Issue 24: Adding 5 more options to the malware type vocab.  We had unanimity on adding these additional 5 terms to the malware type vocab.

Text Change to Observed Data:  John-Mark had proposed some text for Observed Data.  Allan and Jason registered concerns with this text.  They are going to try and come to agreement by end-of-day today on some revised text.  If not, this will get life boated to WD05

Issues 137 and 138: We had strong vocal unanimity for changing these to have the value of the dictionary be a list of type string.

Changes to SCOs: We talked about the ramifications and breaking changes to SCOs for the created and modified common properties. We had strong vocal unanimity on life boating these out of WD04 and discussing them when we do versioning of SCOs in WD05 or later.  This means that the common properties of "created" and "modified" will not be on SCOs for WD04.

The editors will be working hard to get WD04 out as soon as possible.  The one thing that will be lacking is a complete list of red-lines.  That alone will take several days to a week and we will try and have that done for WD05.  Going forward we will be redoing how we accept changes to make this easier..  If you want to do that yourself, you can use word to compare each section from the last CSD.

Thanks

Bret