cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Changes to Language Content

Although I prefer that this property be removed completely, in the spirit of making progress towards closing down 2.1 specification -> Iâm fine making this property optional.

As with any optionally defined features we should be clear on what is means to a consumer when receiving content that has this property defined but the consumer either does not have the version of object referenced nor cares about the version but rather just the object itself (regardless of version).

I think a simple statement saying that a consumer can ignore this optional property if it so chooses is fine.

Allan

From: "cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Bret Jordan <Bret_Jordan@symantec.com>
Date: Monday, July 1, 2019 at 12:41 PM
To: "cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>
Cc: "masuoka.ryusuke@jp.fujitsu.com" <masuoka.ryusuke@jp.fujitsu.com>
Subject: [cti] Changes to Language Content

All,

We have several topics to address tomorrow during the working call.  The most notable is a change to the Language Content object.

The change being proposed is to make the "object_modified" property optional instead of required. This will still allow organizations to pin a translation to a specific version, but will also allow organizations to say the translation should be good for all versions.  If you have an opinion on this topic, please either send it to the email list or join the call tomorrow.

Thanks,

Bret