cti message

Subject: Last Call for suggestions to Working Draft 05 of STIX 2.1 plus long-term release schedule

All,

We are nearing completion of STIX 2.1 Working Draft 05. If you have any final comments or suggestions please send them to the list before the working call on Tuesday the 9th.

Next week we have two calls scheduled:

1) Monday the 8th at 3:00 PM ET we will have the final Patterning Call.  If you are interested in attending this call please let me know and I will forward you the invite.

2) Tuesday the 9th at 3:00 PM ET we will have the final (hopefully) Working Call for WD05.

Additional Planning Information:

The plan is to try and release Working Draft 05 to the TC on Friday the 12th. This release would be followed with a motion to open a ballot to:

a) Conclude new work on STIX 2.1

b) Approve Working Draft 05 as Committee Specification Draft (CSD) 02

c) Send CSD02 to the 1st public review (30-days)

After this there will be a lot of OASIS process that needs to take place over a few months, and several ballots.  So watch for them and be patient. Below is a tentative list of process items. I include them here for transparency and to help everyone know what to expect.

Long-term Tentative Schedule:

  1. Friday July 12th - Release Working Draft 05 and make motion
  2. Monday July 15th - Open Ballot
  3. Friday July 26th - Ballot Closes
  4. -- Assuming ballot passes --
  5. Monday July 29th - Timer starts for sponsors to implementation new concepts
  6. Monday July 29th - Ask Chet from OASIS to start 1st public review (30-days).  It will probably take him a week to get this done.
  7. Monday August 5th - September 6th Public Review
  8. Mid September - Address any comments / suggestions / feedback that comes from the CSD02 ballot and 1st public review
    1. If non-substantive changes, issue Working Draft 06 and do motion for CSD03 (2 week ballot)
    2. If substantive changes, issue Working Draft 06 and do motion for CSD03 and 2nd public review (15-day ) total time about 4-5 weeks (2 week ballot + 2ish weeks for public review)
    3. rinse and repeat until all changes are done
  9. End of January,  deadline for sponsors to implement changes, hopefully sponsor will finish this work much earlier
  10. Address any changes that come from the sponsors work
    1. If non-substantive changes issue Working Draft 07 and do motion for CSD04 (2 week ballot)
    2. If substantive changes issue Working Draft 07 and do motion for CSD04 and 3rd 15-day public review (4-5 weeks)
  11. Motion and ballot for latest CSD to be made a Committee Specification (CS01), 2 week ballot

Conclusion:
While there is a lot of process that needs to be done in formal standards to get to a final deliverable, the key is that new work could be concluded for STIX 2.1 and STIX 2.1 could be viewed as "finished" as early as July 26th. Obviously all of this is pending approval of the TC and the outcomes of ballots and public reviews.

Thanks
Bret