cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Re: [EXT] [cti] MarkingDefinition - TLP (amber/red) named distributions

And IEP is intended to fix at least some of the issues with TLP.

So if you wanted to start fixing things then suggest you look at IEP 2.0 and then provide comments to that.

Allan

From: "cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Jason Keirstead <Jason.Keirstead@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Monday, July 22, 2019 at 6:06 AM
To: "Piazza, Rich" <rpiazza@mitre.org>
Cc: Chris O'Brien <chris@eclecticiq.com>, "cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>

My own POV;

RE "Iâm not proposing to try and âfix TLP"...

Actually, it sounds like you are :).

The CTI TC does not have the ability or mission to re-define what TLP means. I see this as binary: Either you want to use TLP as FIRST and US-CERT define it, which is purposefully very vague, or you want to use a more fine-grained and well defined marking - which is fine and actually very encouraged - but that is not TLP. TLP is what it is.

I would suggest that some of the ideas below should be brought to FIRST to see if folks want to incorporate them into IEP.

-
Jason Keirstead
Chief Architect - IBM Security Threat Management
www.ibm.com/security

"Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It's quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure."

- Thomas J. Watson