cti message

Subject: Re: [EXT] [cti] [EXT] Re: [cti] TAXII Pagination Example Text

You keep talking about systems that emit or use second precision data.  The TAXII date_added value is not related to the data or content.  It is not related to the STIX data at all and it should not be kept.  It is an arbitrary value that does not need to be kept.  It is purely a tracking point for the TAXII server itself.  Two TAXII servers that have the same object will more than likely not have the same value for the date added.

So said another way, if I sync content from you, I will not keep the date added values from your server.  I will assign my own, because this meta data is tied to the TAXII server itself.   An organize may choose to keep it, but it does not need to.  It should be considered a throw away value.

So just like you have an auto incrementing index value, you would have an auto incrementing date value.  So in your solution you could just store the date in a Unix time stamp format with microsecond precision. This auto incrementing index could just be translated back and fort has between RFC3339 format.

Bret

Sent from my Commodore 128D

PGP Fingerprint: 63B4 FC53 680A 6B7D 1447  F2C0 74F8 ACAE 7415 0050