cti message

Subject: Re: [EXT] [cti] [EXT] Re: [cti] TAXII Pagination Example Text

Again, writing a proposal is not something we will attempt again after
our previous attempts. We don't have the stamina or the will to go down
that route again.

We are currently investigating whether it makes sense for us at all to
add TAXII connectors or not, hence I was asking how this is supposed to
work with data that is not stored in a local database but streamed.
Pagination would still make a lot of sense since we don't want to barf
back massive amounts of data due to that blowing the memory limits that
the devices we are targeting will have. (as reference, the other project
we're working on: https://www.d4-project.org/)

If I understand your answers correctly this is currently out of scope.
From the previous mails, Jason's explanation of why this is an issue was
much more concise and to the point than my poor attempt so I'll just
quote him:

"I agree with the problem;

The problem is rooted in the fact that assuming that a document has an
"insertion time", is assuming the document lives as-is in a database.

This all goes back to the "STIX and TAXII are not a database" mantra."

I hope that this is clear enough. If our issue is out of scope that's
fine too, again we're just looking for clarification, worst case it's
one fewer connector for us to implement :)

Best regards,
Andras