cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Slides for tomorrow's call

Attached are the notes from todayâs call; they are more brief than past notes and I apologize if that creates any confusion

  • Emily, you can reach out to me on slack if you need anything regarding cover this during the working call

If anyone has corrections let me know and I can update accordingly.

Thank you,

From: <cti@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Bret Jordan <Bret_Jordan@symantec.com>
Date: Monday, October 14, 2019 at 16:03
To: "cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [cti] Slides for tomorrow's call

All,

Here are the slides for tomorrow's working call.

Bret & Emily

CTI-TC Working Group Meeting

Meeting Date: October 15, 2019

Time: 19:00 UTC

Purpose: Working group meeting on STIX/TAXII

Attendees:
  - not captured in these notes

Action Items
- [John Mark] provide concrete example/counterexample for patterning text
- [Bret] clarify text on pagination
- [John Mark] provide text for security considerations on taxii pagination (next param)
- [Bret and Rich] work on pattern property descriptions; move to a vocab section

Meeting Notes

Review agenda
  - review taxii changes
  - review stix changes
  - sponsorship

TAXII Changes
  - removing stix media type (drop bundle, use envelope)
    - see TAXII 2.1 WD09 if you want to review (link?)
  - reviewed pagination additions
    - handling multiple records with same date added timestamp
      - section 3.4, 3.5, 3.7 to review
    - can we remove x-headers?
      - can pagination with 'next' be optional
      - removing x-headers; deprecate range pagination
        - 2 yes
      - leave x-headers in spec
        - 5 yes
          - 10 abstained
    - who would support making these changes to taxii 2.1 to support multi-date records
      - 9 yes
      - 1 no
      - 7 abstained
  - discuss/clarify next parameter and returning servers data

STIX Changes
  - Patterning observation expressiones, concrete example to be added before decision is made
  - indicator property changes
    - pattern_versions wording will be discussed further

Town Hall Meetings
- office hours / town hall for cti users group

TAXII Sponsorhip
  - pagination
    - next, limit, envelope