cti message

Subject: Minor update for some of TAXII resources

Hey all,

As we update some of the OASIS repos to support the TAXII spec (https://github.com/oasis-open/cti-taxii-server) we have noticed a minor inconsistency in the text related to “version”. Mainly because of the new SCOs changes and how they are not versioned (both modified and created are not present on these objects). Currently we just grab the server time when we encounter this case. I proposed some text below (highlighted) since I cannot modify the Google Doc directly. Figured worth pointing out as we find issues…

Section 5.3.1

Type Name: manifest-record

The manifest-record type captures metadata about a single version of an object, indicated by the id property. The metadata includes information such as when that version of the object was added to the Collection, the version of the object itself, and the media type that this specific version of the object is available in.

Property Name

Type

Description

id (required)

string

The identifier of the object that this manifest entry describes. For STIX objects the id MUST be the STIX Object id. For object types that do not have their own identifier, the server MAY use any value as the id.

date_added (required)

timestamp

The date and time this object was added.

version (required)

string

The version of this object.

For objects in STIX format, the STIX modified property is the version. If a STIX object is not versioned (and therefore does not have a modified timestamp), the server MUST use the created timestamp. If the modified and created properties are not present, the server should use a value for the version that is consistent to the server.

media_type (optional)

string

The media type that this specific version of the object can be requested in. This value MUST be one of the media types listed on the collection resource.

Section 4.3.1

Type Name: status-details

This type represents an object that was added, is pending, or not added to the Collection. It contains the id and version of the object along with a message describing any details about its status.

Property Name

Type

Description

id (required)

string

The identifier of the object that succeed, is pending, or failed to be created. For STIX objects the id MUST be the STIX Object id. For object types that do not have their own identifier, the server MAY use any value as the id.

version (required)

string

The version of the object that succeeded, is pending, or failed to be created. For STIX objects the version MUST be the STIX modified timestamp Property. If a STIX object is not versioned (and therefore does not have a modified timestamp), the server MUST use the created timestamp. If the modified and created properties are not present, the server should use a value for the version that is consistent to the server.

message (optional)

string

A message indicating more information about the object being created, its pending state, or why the object failed to be created.

Thanks,

Emmanuelle