cti message

Subject: RE: [cti] Updated Extension Proposal

Hi Allan,

I might have missed some discussions, but

what are the relationships between

"11 Customizing STIX" of STIX 2.1 (custom properties,

custom objects, and custom extensions) and

this SEP proposal?

Regards,

Ryu

From: cti@lists.oasis-open.org <cti@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of aa tt
Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2020 12:28 AM
To: cti@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [cti] Updated Extension Proposal

CTI TC -

Please find attached an updated STIX extension proposal that the mini-group worked with IBM (Jason/Emily) to incorporate an acceptable compromise to their concerns.

In summary:

1) Previously presented extension proposal is maintained and has been named âsub-component extensionâ to clarify the distinction between when it would/should be used vs the additional mechanism added for top-level extension.

2) Added the concept of Top-Level object extension to allow extension properties directly with existing STIX standard objects.

3) Clarified language/definitions around use for both aspects.

The google doc containing the specification changes are here:

This proposal represents the agreement by all mini-group participants. We would like to encourage the TC to consider this proposal and incorporate the changes to the STIX standard.

Allan Thomson