cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Updated Extension Proposal

One other thing to add.

If the TC adopts the SEP proposal then STIXPreferred (or some other mechanism) can start to have defined tests for what it means to support a particular extension. That way, a vendor/org can submit their products for extension verification also as part of a certification process.

If an extension is created solely as part of an industry consortium, then that consortium can also define what tests are required to ensure interoperability of that extension.

One requirement could be that

a) Software must first be certified STIXPreferred for personas X, Y, Z
b) Software must first be certified STIXPreferred for optional categories for WW, TT optional tests.
c) Software must test and prove they support SEP-EXT-ID-XXXX and associated interoperability tests.

Or something similar.

Allan