cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] [EXT] [cti] Re: Question about combinatorial extension

Yes.

Allan

On Oct 8, 2020, at 4:53 PM, Bret Jordan <bret.jordan@broadcom.com> wrote:

Can you define multiple SDOs from a single extension?

Thanks,
Bret
PGP Fingerprint: 63B4 FC53 680A 6B7D 1447  F2C0 74F8 ACAE 7415 0050

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 9:53 AM Rich Piazza <rpiazza@mitre.org> wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  I just mostly wanted to confirm that I understood both use cases.

I did assume that your rationale for combinatorial extensions was so you could âbundleâ related extensions.

I was concerned with re-use of the extension definition by others.  I was thinking it would be âcleanerâ to just have one extension defined.

However, I see that you might want to introduce a whole new domain with lots of new SDOs, SCOs, and additional properties on existing objects, so it makes sense that you would want to put them all in one schema/extension.

I was also thinking that when one is using a combinatorial extension that they need to use all of the parts.  But there is nothing in the new spec language that implies that.

So, I have changed my mind â I now am in favor of combinatorial extensions!

                Rich