cti message

Subject: Re: [EXT] [cti] STIX 2.1 WD09 for CSD05

All,

Please find below a draft for the stub Incident object that is being proposed for STIX 2.1. I didnât include a paragraph describing what an Incident object is used for, as the community has many varied ideas about this.Â

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Rich P.

4.x Incident

Type Name: incident

Note: The Incident object in STIX 2.1 is a stub. It is included to support basic use cases but does not contain properties to represent metadata about incidents. Future STIX 2 releases will expand it to include these capabilities. It is suggested that it is used as an extension point for an Incident object defined using the extension facility described in section 7.3

4.x.1 Properties

Required Common Properties

type, spec_version, id, created, modified

Optional Common Properties

created_by_ref, revoked, labels, confidence, lang, external_references, object_marking_refs, granular_markings, extensions

Not Applicable Common Properties

defanged

Incident Specific Properties

name, description

Property Name

Type

Description

type (required)

string

The value of this property MUST be incident.

name (required)

string

A name used to identify the Incident.

description (optional)

string

A description that provides more details and context about the Incident, potentially including its purpose and its key characteristics.