cti message

Subject: RE: Motion for Open Repository for the STIX Generator

Great news Chris.  These efforts are much appreciated.

Tools for generating compliant STIX content are a key capability and will greatly help those of us working hard behind the scenes to integrate STIX content.

Please extend our thanks to your Team.

Patrick Maroney
Principal - Cybersecurity
Chief Security Office
c  609.678.5613  | rx118r@att.com

From: cti@lists.oasis-open.org <cti@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of Chris Lenk
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2020 9:55 PM
To: OASIS CTI TC Discussion List <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi all,

As discussed in the Community Development Corner on today’s monthly call, MITRE has developed a tool on behalf of DHS for prototyping, experimenting with, and generating STIX content. We hope that others find it useful and will contribute to the project, so we would like to submit it to an OASIS Open Repository.

-------------

I move that the TC approve by unanimous consent requesting OASIS to set up an OASIS Open Repository project named cti-stix-generator using the following pieces of information:

Purpose Statement: The STIX generator is a tool for generating random STIX content for prototyping and testing.

Initial Maintainers: Chris Lenk, Andy Chisholm

Open Source License: BSD-3-Clause License

GitHub Name: cti-stix-generator

Short Description: OASIS Open Repository: a tool for generating STIX content for prototyping and testing

If there have been no objections before Tuesday November 24 at 21:00 UTC (5:00 PM EST), I will submit the form [1] to ask OASIS to create the repository.

Thank you,

Chris Lenk

[1] https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests/open-repository-request