cti message

Subject: RE: [cti] Groups - November 2020 - Monthly Call - Session 2 uploaded

Hi Jane,

Thank you for the minutes.

Please let me clarify my points as to the custom objects/SEP

conversation below. (I am afraid it might be a little confusing.)

> Ryusuke Masuoka

> [Wants to make sure custom objects are maintained]

> Richard Struse

> [Wants to make sure we maintain the validation for custom objects]

> Ryusuke Masuoka

> I am very insistent that we cover this in the Interop Committee Note

What I would like to see is that TIP implementations at least

ignore SDOs they do not understand, not raise errors.

I am insistent on this because there were TIP implementations

that raise errors for about-to-be-deprecated custom objects

they do not understand.

I am afraid that this will hamper adoption of SEP as people would hesitate

to start using the SEP mechanism to introduce new SDOs

if there are TIP implementations to raise errors when they

see SDOs they do not understand.

Through discussions on this issue on this CTI ML, I understand

this have to be reflected in the Interop Documents, not

in the STIX standard.

And I understand what Rich told was that TIP implementations

should process the STIX files with unknown SEP SDOs as long

as they are STIX conformant as they are supposed to share the STIX

as is. (Rich, please fix this if any misunderstanding.)

Regards,

Ryu