cti message

Subject: RE: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR CTI TC CO-CHAIR

Hello TC members:

Iâd like to formally put my name forward for your consideration as co-chair of the CTI TC.  Iâve been a member of the TC since itâs inception at OASIS and itâs amazing to see what weâve accomplished in just a few short years.  As a community, weâve done an incredible job putting forth a robust, usable standard for machine to machine sharing of technical threat intelligence data to be consumed by a wide range of devices and tools.  Iâd like to continue the fantastic work done by both Rich and Trey and help shepherd the TC as we work to move towards the next phase of the standards evolution process.

In my career, Iâve been fortunate to be on both on the producer side and the consumer side of CTI, and, to my mind, interoperability is the most important issue we face now that we have full OASIS-ratified standards for both STIX and TAXII.  More and more vendors are producing and accepting STIX formatted content, discovered via TAXII queries and itâs imperative for us to listen to the community and make sure we can develop integration guidelines and tech notes that help reduce any ambiguities that may exist.  During my time as head of product management for the iDefense team (now Accenture CTI), I had two goals.  One to make sure we could represent in data our threat intel content in one unambiguous way, and two, to make sure that it was relevant to our end users.  Over the last 18 months, Iâve had the opportunity to be more on the consumer side, working with both our managed security teams as well as client security operations teams and I have seen first hand the troubles they face with integrating CTI content of all flavors into their workflows.  The adoption of STIX and TAXII goes a long way to reducing that pain, but thereâs still more we can do and itâs imperative we make sure that CTI data remains accessible.  There are active discussions around extensions, object repositories and (self) certification processes for integrations, to name but a few.  All are vitally important.

As Rich has said many times before, this is your TC.  We are where we are today because of your hard work and dedication.  I humbly ask for your support so that I may continue to help you evolve the TC to its next iteration.  Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards,

Rob

BIO: Rob is a Security Principal Director at Accenture Security, based out of the Washington, DC area.  He focuses on cyber security solution design and is currently aligned with the North American Market for Managed Security Services.  He joined Accenture in 2017 as part of the acquisition of the iDefense business unit (one of the first commercial cyber threat intelligence companies) from Verisign.  While at Verisign he was responsible for all go-to-market activities and developing the cyber threat intelligence creation and delivery capabilities. With over 25 years of experience, Rob has served in various management and individual contributor roles including consulting, channel development, sales engineering and business unit and product management for emerging technical markets across multiple clients, industries, and geographies. He is a member of the OASIS Cyber Threat Intelligence Technical Committee, whose mission is to develop global standards for the dissemination and sharing of threat intelligence information. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Notre Dame and is an active Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) granted by (ISC)2.

--

Rob Coderre  |  Security Principal Director

Office:  +1 703.947.4819     Mobile:  +1 571.224.4627

email:  robert.c.coderre@accenture.com

     Image result for black twitter logo     Related image

I am sending this email at a time that is convenient to me, it does not imply that you must respond outside of your normal working hours.