cti message

Subject: STIX Core Incident Extension - Can We Bring it to Vote?

I was curious if we could hold a vote on accepting the Core Incident Extension
https://github.com/oasis-open/cti-stix-common-objects/tree/main/extension-definition-specifications/incident-core
as a specification candidate extension for STIX 2.1.

As of now a number of TC members have worked on this and I believe we have
treated it as such, but the end state of this workflow is somewhat undefined.
Without further action from the TC it is simply an extension to be considered
to be added to the next version of STIX.

In order to better solidify this flow I would ask if we could bring this up to
a vote and if this passes begin adding these extensions to STIX 2.1's errata
to allow vendors to be easily access these documents from an official source
and be confident that they will be writing their code against a stable
foundation.

This will also allow future interoperability documentation for STIX 2.1 to
reference these new extensions when we talk about creating new profiles and
expanded interoperability levels.

//SIGNED//

Jeffrey Mates, Civ DC3/TSD
Computer Scientist