cti message

Subject: CTI-TC updates

Dear Members of the CTI-TC:

We’ve made the executive decision to cancel the July meeting as we don’t have a lot of new material to present and we wanted to be respectful of everyone’s time.  So, in the interest of sending an email instead of having a meeting, here’s the update!

ITU-T Cross-Certification

  • As you all have seen from Chet Ensign’s note to the TC, we are continuing to move along the process of cross-certifying the STIX/TAXII standards as ITU-T standards.  We are currently in the OASIS member public review period, which opened on 9 July 00:00 GMT and runs through 07 August 23:59 GMT.  In parallel, OASIS staff are working with the US gov’t Department of Homeland Security to review the copyright terms and ensure continued license to use the terms “STIX” and “TAXII” and prepare for an upcoming OASIS board meeting to grant a waiver (as was done for the STIX/TAXII 2.0 and 2.1 previously) to allow the non-standard IP language as part of the submission.  We do not anticipate any concerns here.

  • Once we pass the open comment period, and assuming no actions are required, the OASIS Executive Director (or President of the Board of Directors, in the absence of an Executive Director) will review the submission, accept it and then transmit to the ITU-T Study Group 17 for inclusion into their next session.  If the ITU-T SG 17 is unable to fit this into their schedule for their next work session, it will be picked up in March 2023.

Next meetings

  • We will be taking off the month of August, as has been done in the past, to allow members time off and to recharge.  We will reconvene in September, on Thursday, 22 Sep 2022 at our normal times of 11AM EDT and 9PM EDT.  Look for invites on this shortly.

Best regards,

Rob

CTI-TC Co-Chair

--

Rob Coderre

Security Principal Director | Accenture Security

Email: robert.c.coderre@accenture.com

accenture.com/security

I am sending this email at a time that is convenient to me, it does not imply that you must respond outside of your normal working hours.

www.accenture.com